5675 W Burlingame Rd. , USE SPREADSHEET FOR FEEDBACK
Job Number: 70541
Staff Matters, LLC a subsidiary of NSC Technologies has an immediate opening for a Machinist III – Match Fit
This position supports operational excellence in the machining processes to drive productivity, quality and continuous improvement. This role will be expected to collaborate with the Sargent team to exceed organizational goals.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Model Safe behaviors at all times.
- Follow company quality control standards to include in process inspection and documentation.
- Knowledge of safety standards for equipment being run.
- Must be able to make decisions, communicate effectively across departments, train, and work well with others in a team environment.
- Produce and inspect parts with the ability to offer continuous improvement opportunities.
- Deburr precision component to proper specifications.
- Perform and record first piece inspection and in process inspection.
- Provide direction and assist others with process practices and issues.
- Lap inside diameters of various precision parts to achieve required size, straightness, roundness and finish.
- Lap fit assemblies with precise diametrical clearances.
- Ability to correct such conditions as taper, bell-mouth, and “barrel” in through and blind holes.
- Setup and grind precision ID, OD and contour using manual and CNC grinders.
- Thoroughly clean parts of all honing oil and lapping compound.
- Set-up and operate Federal and Standard air gages, Sunnen gages and micrometers.
Required Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Proficient in application of machine shop theory and procedures, shop mathematics (algebra, geometry and trigonometry).
- Ability to read, interpret technical drawings, routers, work instructions and specifications.
- Proficient in knowledge of proper mandrels, stones, speeds, strokes, abrasive paper, laps, and abrasive compounds to achieve blueprint and job order requirements.
- Knowledge of manual, NC and CNC grind setup and processing.
- Advanced measurement skills for inspection.
- Ability and willingness to train other personnel.
- Must be a U. S. Citizen.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION CONTACT, Tom Cassell, Recruiter
At STAFFMATTERS our company culture is strong! You work hard for us and in return we want to provide you with as many benefits and resources as we can:
- Medical Coverage
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Identity Theft Protection
- Legal Assistance
- Long Term Opportunities
- Training and Career Growth Opportunities
STAFFMATTERS is committed to connecting good people with good jobs!
- The chance to be a part of an amazing team
STAFFMATTERS is an innovative staffing firm that specializes in placing qualified administrative, light industrial, skilled, technical and professional talent in virtually any market. Our meticulous dedication to Quality and Safety is a testament to our success. We are The Staffing Experts!
STAFFMATTERS is a drug free company. STAFFMATTERS is an EOE AA/M/F/VHo/D.
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.