1365 W. Pima Mine Road , Suite 2000
Job Number: 69285
Staff Matters, LLC a subsidiary of NSC Technologies has an immediate opening for Instrumentation Technician
Job Title: Instrumentation Technician - Mission location
Pay rate: $32.50 per hour - Direct Hire
Safely maintain, install, troubleshoot and repair process instrumentation and control equipment throughout a mining and milling operation.
Diagnose instrumentation problems and repair equipment as required for process measurement and control including instruments such as conveyor belt scales, pressure transmitters, magnetic and mechanical flow meters and ultrasonic level transmitters.
- Perform both field and bench calibration procedures on electronic and pneumatic instruments.
- Repair and calibrate both electric and pneumatic actuated control valves.
- Determine required parameters and perform programming and set-up of electronic instrumentation for both new and existing installations.
- Perform process loop calibration on milliamp and voltage signals to both local and DCS controllers
- Work with DCS personnel to modify and install new instrumentation and resolve problems.
- Operate equipment including man lifts and fork trucks as required.
- Utilize PID drawings, instrument data, prints and manufacturer’s information to install and repair all types of process instrumentation and control valve equipment.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
in industrial process control including: temperature, level, pressure, flow, density, particle size and weight instruments.
- Thorough knowledge of measurement and control instrumentation equipment and theory used
- Proficiency in reading and understanding instrument loop diagrams, instrument data sheets and PID diagrams.
- Proficiency in the safe use of a variety of test equipment used for the proper calibration, setup, and diagnostics of process instrumentation equipment.
- Thorough knowledge of repair, testing and calibration of both electrical and pneumatic actuated control valves.
- Good working knowledge of DCS and PLC PID control.
- Perform maintenance and repair activities on all types of instrumentation equipment both indoors and outdoors in a mining/milling environment. Outdoor maintenance duties are subject to prevailing weather conditions.
- Ability to work from ladders and bucket trucks at heights.
- Must be willing to work rotating shifts, rotating days off and overtime, as required.
- Outdoor maintenance duties are required and are subject to prevailing inclement weather conditions.
- Must provide own tools of the trade.
- Must have or be able to attain a valid Arizona Driver's License.
- Ability to speak, read and write English.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Preferred candidate will have an accredited apprenticeship or formal vocational training.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in maintenance and installation of process instrumentation in a mining/milling or heavy industry environment.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION CONTACT, Nate Hamann, Technical Recruiter
At STAFFMATTERS our company culture is strong! You work hard for us and in return we want to provide you with as many benefits and resources as we can:
STAFFMATTERS is committed to connecting good people with good jobs!
- Medical Coverage
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Identity Theft Protection
- Legal Assistance
- Long Term Opportunities
- Training and Career Growth Opportunities
- The chance to be a part of an amazing team
STAFFMATTERS is an innovative staffing firm that specializes in placing qualified administrative, light industrial, skilled, technical and professional talent in virtually any market. Our meticulous dedication to Quality and Safety is a testament to our success. We are The Staffing Experts!
STAFFMATTERS is a drug free company. STAFFMATTERS is an EOE AA/M/F/VHo/D.
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.